This page is managed by Dr. Joe Golab.
Syllabi, schedules, course notes
- Online teaching/learning tools for undergraduate kinetics (text, videos, MATLAB examples, practice problems)
- University of Colorado Boulder: More than 300 screencast videos for kinetics and reactor design, including example problems, introduction to topics, software tutorials, and exam review problems.
- Interactive simulations (University of Colorado Boulder): More than 30 Mathematica-based interactive simulations that can be run with a free CDF player plug-in. Their main objective is to demonstrate concepts in kinetics and reaction engineering. Most of the simulations have accompanying screencasts that demonstrate how to use the simulation.
- Reactor Lab: Simulates a variety of chemical reactors
Multiple-choice conceptual questions for use in class with student response systems (clickers)
- LearnChemE (University of Colorado Boulder): More than 250 kinetics/reaction engineering ConcepTests. Contact LearnChemE@gmail.com to obtain access.
- AIChE Concept Warehouse (Oregon State University)
- Polymath (CACHE): Solves ODEs, linear equations, and nonlinear equations. Screencasts demonstrating Polymath use.
- CHEMKIN models and simulates gas-phase and surface chemistry
- MESMER: Open-source program that solves chemical master equation for reaction in order to predict rate constants.
- Extensive online resources (University of Michigan) including web modules, interactive games, solved problems, Polymath examples.
- NIST kinetics database
- NIST chemistry webbook
- Encyclopedia of chemical engineering equipment