This page is managed by Dr. Juergen Hahn (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute).
Syllabi, schedules, course notes
- Biochemical (ENCH482) & Advanced Biochemical Engineering (ENCH648B) (Nam Sun Wang at University of Maryland)
- Molecular and Systems Biotechnology Course website (Mike Henson at UMass)
PenSim© v1.0: A Web Based Program for Dynamic Simulation of Fed-Batch Penicillin Production
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
A Web-Based Educational Simulation Package for Glucose-Insulin Levels in the Human Body.
- Models of Signal Transduction Pathways (Juergen Hahn at RPI)
- Routines for Analysis of Fluorescent Images (Juergen Hahn at RPI)
- Artificial Pancreas Clinical Database (Frank Doyle at Harvard)
- Reduced order extrinsic coagulation model (Jeff Varner at Purdue)
- Adaptive Intervention Simulator (Dan Rivera at ASU)
- Weight-IT+ (Dan Rivera at ASU)
- TRaCE – Transitive Reduction and Closure Ensemble (Rudi Gunawan at ETHZ)
- StochSS: Stochastic Simulation Service (Linda Petzold at UCSB)
- StochKit (Linda Petzold at UCSB)
- DASSL (Linda Petzold at UCSB)
Useful Bioengineering Links
- Parker, R. S., F. J. Doyle III and M. A. Henson, “Integrating Biological Systems in the Process Dynamics and Control Curriculum,” Chemical Engineering Education, 40, 181-188 (2006).
- A.K. Singh, A. Jayaraman, and J. Hahn. A Case Study of Representing Signal Transduction in Liver Cells as a Feedback Control Problem. Chemical Engineering Education 41(3), 177-182 (2009).
- Bioremediation Discussion Group: The BioGroup includes over 2,400 members worldwide, including environmental consultants, industry representatives, regulators, researchers, educators, students, and others with diverse backgrounds in education and experience.
- The Virtual Biochemistry Laboratory: MEL is the Multimedia Educational Laboratory in the Chemical Engineering department, University of Michigan.
- American Institute of Medical and Biomedical Engineering (AIMBE): A non-profit organization representing medical and biological engineers, academic institutions, private industry, and professional engineering societies. Its current vision is to provide leadership and advocacy in medical and biological engineering for the benefit of society. The site contains a lot of information related to careers in bioengineering.