This page is managed by Dr. Joe Golab.
Syllabi, schedules, course notes
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Michigan
- Lecture notes (University of Michigan and University of Illinois)
- Course notes, examples, videos, Excel, and MATLAB files (University of Buffalo)
- University of Colorado Boulder: More than 300 screencast videos for kinetics and reactor design, including example problems, introduction to topics, software tutorials, and exam review problems.
- Living example problems (University of Michigan): More than 62 interactive problems prepared using Polymath, MATLAB, and Mathematica (CDF files).
- Interactive simulations (University of Colorado Boulder): More than 30 Mathematica-based interactive simulations that can be run with a free CDF player plug-in. Their main objective is to demonstrate concepts in kinetics and reaction engineering. Most of the simulations have accompanying screencasts that demonstrate how to use the simulation.
Multiple-choice conceptual questions for use in class with student response systems (clickers)
- LearnChemE (University of Colorado Boulder): More than 250 kinetics/reaction engineering ConcepTests. Contact LearnChemE@gmail.com to obtain access.
- AIChE Concept Warehouse (Oregon State University)
- Polymath (CACHE): Solves ODEs, linear equations, and nonlinear equations. Screencasts demonstrating Polymath use.
- CHEMKIN models and simulates gas-phase and surface chemistry
- MESMER: Open-source program that solves chemical master equation for reaction in order to predict rate constants.
- Chemical reaction engineering homepage (University of Michigan): Resources that supplement the Fogler Reaction Engineering textbook. These include computer games, web modules, additional homework problems, and more.
- Extensive online resources (University of Michigan): Web modules, interactive games, solved problems, Polymath examples.
- Encyclopedia of chemical engineering equipment (University of Michigan)
- NIST kinetics database
- NIST chemistry webbook
- Encyclopedia of chemical engineering equipment