This page is managed by Dr. Jason Bara (University of Alabama).
Syllabi, schedules, course notes
- Christian Brothers University: Detailed syllabus and lecture notes
- MIT Open Courseware: Separations processes syllabus, schedule, exams, assignments, and course materials
- University of Maryland Baltimore County: Separations processes syllabus, schedule, course notes, links
- LearnChemE (University of Colorado Boulder): More than 100 short screencast videos for separations and mass transfer including example problems, introduction to topics, and explanations of how to use diagrams.
- Separation Process Essentials (University of Alabama): Approximately 20 sceencast videos under Tutorials.
- CheCalc Simulations
- Liquid-Liquid Ternary Separations (University of Sheffield, University of Manchester): An interactive system to learn how to use ternary phase diagrams and design liquid-liquid extraction systems
- LearnChemE (University of Colorado Boulder): More than 55 interactive simulations that can be run with a free CDF player plug-in.
Multiple-choice conceptual questions for use in class with student response systems (clickers)
- LearnChemE (University of Colorado Boulder): More than 200 separations/mass transfer ConcepTests. Contact LearnChemE@gmail.com to obtain access.
- AIChE Concept Warehouse (Oregon State University)
- ChemSep column simulator: For distillation, absorption, and extraction operations. It combines the equilibrium stage column model with a nonequilibrium (rate-based) column model.
- VLE Calc: Interactive modules that generate phase diagrams for 1, 2, or 3 components.
- CheCalc: Downloadable spreadsheets for vapor-liquid equilibrium and distillation.
- Excel Template for Ternary Phase Diagram
- Distillation: An introduction.
- APV Handbook on distillation: Industrial perspective on distillation.
- Wikipedia Separation Processes (with links to the individual process types)
- SeparationProcesses.com: Extensive information on distillation, gas absorption, solvent extraction, humidification, adsorption, membrane separations, and more.
- Visual Encyclopedia of Chemical Engineering: Chemical Separations / Mechanical Separations
- National Academies Report on Separation Needs for the 21st Century
- AIChE Separations Division
- NIST Webbook:
- ScienceDirect links: